One Whatsapp group in Housing society spreading offensive comments
Dear Sir One Whatsapp group in Housing society spreading offensive comments against Society's managing Committee members. Circulating defamatory remarks. can any sort of legal actions taken against these 12 members ? Please advise us how to proceed.
You can file complaint to police directly but if they don't take action you can issue a legal notice and further you can file criminal private complaint for defamation as well as civil defamation and also can claim damages.
Advocate Pramod KaleDistrict Court, Shivajinagar, Pune
Definitely you can take the legal action. Spreading, making and publishing defamatory remarks is an penal offense. You must lodge an FIR with local police u/s 500 r/w 34 also for criminal intimidation and offenses under cyber law. However of it doesn't work then issue a legal notice and then file private criminal case with your local court of law.
Advocate Sagar KothariDistrict Court Shivajinagar, Pune
You can file a defamation complaint for the same.
You also have the remedy to file civil suit for damages for such defamation. Both remedies are independent and can be pursued together. Get in touch for details.
Advocate Sooraj HulkeKharghar, NaviMumbai
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Got mutual divorce can wife ask for maintenance later
- If I enter into agreement with builder does ownership get transferred?
- How can I sell my mothers property since my parents are not alive
- Deficiency of services by taxi stand owner
- Maintainability of writ against private banks