quesneighbour sued for saving me.

I am a 40 years old widower, working as a housemaid for livelihood and survival of my 2 children, all below the age of 8. Recently, I met with an accident. While cooking my cloth caught fire and I cried for help. On hearing my cry a female neighbour came to my rescue. In her attempt to save me, she suffered from injuries on her legs and palms (not major). As a thankful gesture and courtesy I paid her first aid expenses of up to Rupees 4,000 from my savings of more than 2 years. Few days earlier, she sent me a legal notice through a lawyer, claiming for a compensation of upto Rupees 2 lac for her injury and suffering caused in that incident. Her injury is not as major or fatal and can cause no long term damage, it has left scars on her calf region. I already paid for for her medical expenses as a thankful gesture but it is now impossible to pay any amount as I work as a household maid in 4 homes and get paid Rs 2000 per month. This is the only source of income of my livelihood. What do I do?

  • ansShe cannot be allowed to enrich herself unjustly by virtue of the injuries she received. If legal notice has already been received by you then you do not have any option except to reply to it through your lawyer. If she goes to court then you can contest her case fittingly through your lawyer.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Criminal lawyers in India

Criminal Lawyers in India

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Sukhwinder Singh Rai

  District Court, Ludhiana
 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly