Neighbors spreading false rumors about me and family. What can i do?
What can I do if my neighbors are spreading false rumors about me and my family because we got involved in a fight? I am a divorcee and I have a son. My neighbors picked up a fight that led not only to verbal but physical abuses as well.
Some days back I heard a lot of rumors about me and my family. I stay very near to my parent’s house. I don’t want these false rumors to affect my family. Should I file an FIR against this?
What should I do about this?
You can file a complaint and register an FIR U/S 354 along with 509 against your neighbors for their verbal and physical abuses.
You have every right to live with all dignity. They are outraging your modesty by spreading such rumors.
Regarding your physical abuse, you can also file a criminal complaint under various sections of Indian Penal Code but it all depends upon the injuries inflicted upon you by your neighbors. You can file a criminal complaint for defamation against your neighbors as well.
Kindly contact us for any further details and action.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Procedure to remove brother's name from property papers?
- One sister died will their daughters receive the share
- One person threatening with my personal photos. What action can i take
- Father wishes to sell his share in land but brothers not allowing.
- Can i private company fire an employee any time without a reason