quesNeighbor shop owner wants to change my CCTV angle. Can he object it?

My next door shopkeeper wants me to set CCTV camera angle in a direction that the outside area ahead of his shop must not be viewable in the camera range. Is he right to have this objection?

  • ans

  • ansCCTV cameras installed by you are meant to protect your premises/clients by keeping a vigil. They must not infringe the privacy of others. He always has the right to object in case he feels that his or his clients' privacy is being infringed in any manner.

    Harpal Singh

      Satya Niketan, Delhi

  • ansNo he cannot object as long as the CCTV does not invade the private space in his shop, the area outside his shop is of no concern to him.

    Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

      Supreme Court of India, Delhi

  • ansPresumably the area outside his shop is not his private property and is government land. Hence, he can't raise such objection under the law

    Advocate Rajat Joseph

      Nizamuddin East, Delhi

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Criminal lawyers in India

Criminal Lawyers in India

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Richaa Kapoor

  Delhi High Court
 Experience: 25 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly