quesNeighbor harassing and using vulgar language. What action can i take?

I am a girl. I am working in a BPO due to which I have to return late at home. My neighbor has put up a common door in the stair which he locks by 11 pm.

When I come back and ask him to open the door but then he starts abusing loudly and starts asking vulgar questions. I tried calling the police but that was only a temporary solution.

My query is what can I do to stop him from making absurd remarks and removing the door as it hinders my entrance to my house at my will?

• ansWe would like to know that are you the owner of the house or the tenant?

If you are the tenant then you can complain to the landlord with respect to the gate which causes hindrance to you right to the house.

And if you are the owner then you can file a suit in the concerned court with respect that your easementary  right to your house is hindered.

Also, we suggest that you should file a FIR with the nearest police station regarding the acts of your neighbor under various sections of the Indian Penal Code.