quesneed my truck back as driver disappeared after accident

My loaded truck met with an accident near Chandigarh. It collided with a car, and one passenger died because of accident. My truck driver ran away and is still not traceable. The local police has taken my vehicle in custody and is not agreeing to release the vehicle. It is even not ready to lodge my FIR against the driver and asking me to get driver instead. I tried all possible ways to trace that driver, however driver is not found yet. How can I get my vehicle back?

  • ansThe Police is playing errant, which is not uncommon when an accident happens. You must apply to the court to release your vehicle. Since the vehicle is taken into custody, a case is definitely registered. You have to apply in the case generally before the Chief judicial Magistrate to get the vehicle released by furnishing a Bond. Arrest of driver has nothing to do to get back the vehicle from police.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Criminal lawyers in India

Similar questions

is it possible to compromise an attempt to murder case? complaintant father accused son complaintant…

In my last post I didn't mentioned the charges upon my sister. She charged sections…
can we file a FIR against the person whoes number, email id,bank account details are…
Respected Sir, My uncle froze my own money held in our Joint Account for 10…

Criminal Lawyers in India

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate S.K Prabhakar Shetty

  Vidhana Soudha
 Experience: 8 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly