quesneed my truck back as driver disappeared after accident

My loaded truck met with an accident near Chandigarh. It collided with a car, and one passenger died because of accident. My truck driver ran away and is still not traceable. The local police has taken my vehicle in custody and is not agreeing to release the vehicle. It is even not ready to lodge my FIR against the driver and asking me to get driver instead. I tried all possible ways to trace that driver, however driver is not found yet. How can I get my vehicle back?

• ansThe Police is playing errant, which is not uncommon when an accident happens. You must apply to the court to release your vehicle. Since the vehicle is taken into custody, a case is definitely registered. You have to apply in the case generally before the Chief judicial Magistrate to get the vehicle released by furnishing a Bond. Arrest of driver has nothing to do to get back the vehicle from police.