need my truck back as driver disappeared after accident
My loaded truck met with an accident near Chandigarh. It collided with a car, and one passenger died because of accident. My truck driver ran away and is still not traceable. The local police has taken my vehicle in custody and is not agreeing to release the vehicle. It is even not ready to lodge my FIR against the driver and asking me to get driver instead. I tried all possible ways to trace that driver, however driver is not found yet. How can I get my vehicle back?
The Police is playing errant, which is not uncommon when an accident happens. You must apply to the court to release your vehicle. Since the vehicle is taken into custody, a case is definitely registered. You have to apply in the case generally before the Chief judicial Magistrate to get the vehicle released by furnishing a Bond. Arrest of driver has nothing to do to get back the vehicle from police.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Wife hide few things before marriage and now file DV case against us
- What is the Duration to file a suit after sending a legal notice ?
- Property in my father's name can grandfather alter property
- Recovery agents harassing me for credit card dues what action to take?
- Separated from 1 year how can we proceed for divorce