Multiple false 138 NI cases against us.
My sister filed 498A, 406 and other cases on her husband and in laws after leaving her matrimonial home in Mumbai. She wanted mutual consent divorce from him.She brought her jewelry with her and this made her husband very angry. He got bail in the 498A case and he has decided to take revenge. My sister forgot her cheque book at home with few signed blank cheques which he used to keep with him for paying electricity, telephone and society bills. My sister is staying with us. Now her husband and his friends have filed different cheque bounce cases against my sister & also include us & our parents name.
One case is in Delhi, one in Mumbai and one in Kanpur. He transferred 15 lakhs in my sister's bank account to make FD. The fd is still in her account. He bounced one cheque of 15 lakhs. He may file more cases also. What should we do to save our family from all these false cases? He is very cunning and a lier and he makes false stories. Can we file any case against him to stop him from filing more cases? How to fight all the cases at the same time? He is doing all this to take revenge. Do we need to worry about these false case?
Your sister has a lot to worry about as she is now a sitting duck to multiple criminal prosecutions launched by her husband due to the blunder of leaving her cheque book in her matrimonial house. She has given him abundant ammunition, which he is now wielding to the optimum. If held guilty, your sister may face imprisonment.
There is no case your sister can file in effect whereof his right to launch any further prosecution against your sister will be curtailed. The only remedy open to your sister is to contest the cases her husband has filed on her. Engage lawyers wherever he has filed the cases so that you can defend herself.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can college withhold my transfer and migration certificates?
- Is it legal for unmarried woman to have child through IVF sperm donor
- How to claim maintenance for me & my children from unemployed husband
- Tenants sold property to promoters what action can I take
- If the son is 6 years old who gets the custody