quesMortgaging the dowry ornaments

Even though dowry is not common in certain places, whatever the parents give to their daughter is considered as dowry. On that basis I have certain doubts: Is the gold given by parents to their daughter at the time of marriage, does it belong to her husband or does it belong to her only? Does husband have the authority to mortgage her ornaments? If her parents reclaim those ornaments allegedly after marriage, can husband take action against those parents? If action can be taken, what type of action?

• ansIt exclusively belongs to her. Gift cannot be reclaimed by the Donor. If her father reclaims the same, she has to act, not the husband,
    The husband cannot take any action if his wife does not want him to do so in cases related to her ornaments.