quesLibel case.

My name is Ravi Shankar Banerjee, residence of Jhumri Telaiya, Dist.- Koderma, Jharkhand, I wish to ask question regarding my case in which I was falsely implicated. The details of my case is here under: G.R.- 109/13 which was under trial in the court of H'ble SDJM, Civil Court, Koderma. I was booked in a police case on U/s 384 & 387 IPC, on 29.01.2013 and from 30.01.2013 I was under judicial custody till 16.04.2014 on the same day I was set free after the court gave its judgement in my favour, under benefit of doubt. Now my question to you is that can I go for Libel case against my opponent. i.e informant of the case and if yes then under what allegations.?

  • ansYes you can file a case of of Libel against the Complainant as what he did is to defame you socially and lower your image in the eye of your near and dear one. The complainant is liable on the principle of constructive liability for sending you to in prison on false charge. Claim compensation from him for mental agony ,harassment, loss of social status.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • IPC Section 109 - Punishment of abetment if the act abetted is committed in consequence and where no express provision is made for its punishment
Consult best Criminal lawyers in India

Similar questions

My dad's own brother has filed a criminal case on all his 5 brothers and…
If a lawyer is in jail on the charges of corruption of false evidences, can…
Hi MY brother got married on 8th may. The girl took all the jewels from…
Hello I friend have charged 2 year punishment and 1000 rs fine in ipc 332…

Criminal Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Sukhwinder Singh Rai

  District Court, Ludhiana
 Experience: 17 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly