Law of prostitution.
I hope you are aware of popular actress Shweta Basu arrested in sex racket. My question is that is it really a crime in India. She was in need of money and client who was paying may have paid her the same in exchange of sex. In no way this can be treated as rape right? So why is the police OR law even bothered about what they do of there bodies.It is there soul and there body, they have full right to do whatever they want to unless its not a act of rape against women. Do you feel they should be punished for this? First of all i fail to understand why this is considered as a Crime in India. In case this is a crime then, what is the maximum punishment for both client and Shweta as per new laws in India?
Unlicensed prostitution is crime in India. She has committed a crime punishable in law. Our thinking about its right or wrong is immaterial. What is important here is whether it is legal or illegal. Unlicensed prostitution in hotel is illegal, hence punishable. We are not aware as to what are the sections she has been charged against to inform the quantum of punishment.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Grandfather and grandmother died can i claim share in their property
- Parking vehicle in front of my gate.
- Who shall be liable for the VAT charges ?
- Agreement to sale cancelled but refund cheque might bounce what to do
- Can I get a affidavit to rent a flat to stay with my future wife