is taking tuition classes at home illegal
I stay in a two floor apartment with six flats. My mother has been taking tuition classes in our flat, which is our own flat from around 3 years for children in 2nd grade to 8th grade. All measures have taken so the other flat residents do not get disturbed. Our neighbour, is now harassing us to stop these classes saying it is illegal and it is a commercial activity. I would like to know that if these classes are illegal (considering that everyone these days take small classes in their homes and also that the income from these classes is of utmost importance to us). Also, what measures can be taken against his threatenings? Most of the time we are only ladies at home, as my father goes to work early and comes only at night, and the neighbour is really harassing us and we do not want to live in fear.
There is no prohibition in law to conduct tuition classes, you could tell the neighbors in appropriate way and conduct the classes such a way not to disturb the neighbors. If they go on harassing you, you can file a police complaint against them.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Divorced lady blackmailing for money if not given will create trouble
- Does a stay of a foreigner who is on bail considered a legal stay?
- Wife threatening to file false police complaint against my family
- Non-payment of salary for months together
- is Email theft from my mail box cyber crime?