quesIs it possible to settle criminal matter before the given court date?

An FIR has been lodged by a girl against my brother. He got bail yesterday. What should he do now? Should he present himself on the date given to him by the court or is there a way to get out of this before that?

Once the FIR has been registered then police has to investigate the complaint and on the basis of investigation the police shall decide to file a charge sheet or closure ( if no case is made out after investigation ). 

Your matter will come in Court once charge sheet is filed.