Is calling someone scheduled caste a crime?
Is calling a person "scheduled caste" a crime?
You can see the prevention of atrocities on SC/ST Act for reference.
In case you use derogatory words for a SC/ST in a place which is at public view then it's an offence. The SC/ST can file a complaint or lodge an FIR in the police station regarding the incident.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Stay petition filed in HC against family court's maintenance order
- Daughter married to christan can I give property to my daughter
- Senior Citizen being harassed by officials
- Procedure to rent car without showing it is commercial
- Restricting way to a public park by society what action to take