Is calling someone scheduled caste a crime?
Is calling a person "scheduled caste" a crime?
You can see the prevention of atrocities on SC/ST Act for reference.
In case you use derogatory words for a SC/ST in a place which is at public view then it's an offence. The SC/ST can file a complaint or lodge an FIR in the police station regarding the incident.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Promotion in Government medical college how can we claim it
- What are the rights over ancestral property if father is not sharing
- How can i get my due payment from previous company?
- how to get FIR cancelled once 498 case is settled
- Can i add another floor in the house which is in mother in laws name?