Is calling someone scheduled caste a crime?
Is calling a person "scheduled caste" a crime?
You can see the prevention of atrocities on SC/ST Act for reference.
In case you use derogatory words for a SC/ST in a place which is at public view then it's an offence. The SC/ST can file a complaint or lodge an FIR in the police station regarding the incident.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Procedure to change name on the government documents
- What documents are required for collaboration agreement
- After settlement deed can members file for partition?
- find top divorce lawyer in Delhi
- Company not providing the promised income.What action should I take?