Is calling someone scheduled caste a crime?
Is calling a person "scheduled caste" a crime?
You can see the prevention of atrocities on SC/ST Act for reference.
In case you use derogatory words for a SC/ST in a place which is at public view then it's an offence. The SC/ST can file a complaint or lodge an FIR in the police station regarding the incident.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Working for 19 years can I get benefit of time scale at present post.
- what will be the consequences if I ignore the legal notice I received
- Sale of agricultural land in Bihar to outsider.
- Maintainability of writ against private banks
- Father Sold Anscetral Property Without Taking Daughter Consent