Intimidation to commit suicide. What should i do?
1) If a person intimidates another person for committing suicide because of a broken relationship,what legal options the person being intimidated has to take.
on basis of your question i suggest you to file written complaint to nearest police station in respect of the intimidation and keep the receiving of the complaint. this complaint would be proved very helpful in proceeding before court in future. this move will be of curative measure and will make your case stronger in future of your broken relationship. Such behaviour can be a ground for divorce
Advocate Yogesh Kumar VidyakarDistrict Court, Dwarka, Delhi
My friend Section 503 IPC is clearly applicable here. However, it relates to intimidating someone to cause injury to oneself (i.e. you) or to the person you are interested in (can be her). If you have the courage and think that it is turning into a serious threat and she might do so. Then you should write a complaint about the same on a piece of paper that you were in a relationship and now you have parted ways and the xyz person is threatening to commit suicide for which you want to alarm the police about. I have tried reciting as much as i could but a lot more should be put in. Kindly consult a nearby lawyer who can guide you properly on the procedure and proper draft of facts.
Advocate Kanishk AgarwalEast Patel Nagar, Delhi
Go to the nearest police station and lodge an FIR against that person. Abetment to suicide as well as criminal intimidation are recognized offences under Indian Penal Code. Delay is not warranted. so please go.to the police at the earliest.
Advocate Nishant RaiGreater Kailash-1, Delhi
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Loan given to friend died recently how can I recover the amount
- Where can I file a change of child custody suit
- My brother cheated me and registered ancestral property in his name?
- I have a TIN no of punjab can i use that to sell goods in delhi also
- Procedure to buy agricultural land in Maharashtra