quesIf I get a criminal case quashed, can I rejoin a government job?

I got a job in Ag's office.But I am involved in a criminal case and I have submitted the details in the attestation form.I have approached high court and the honourable court has asked me to quash the case and join the job.my case is going on.if I get the case quashed and get the order from court can I join the office?? If the case takes long to get quashed?

• ansIn your query yu are sayinf "You are involved" that makes the clear submission and acceptance, but need to review the complete case history and detailing, alos need to see if the judgement is not challenged in superior court,

• ansyou have to get quashed the proceedings before the Hon'ble High Court.Usually quashing does not take time.In High Court quashing takes 1-2 dates only and you get the order within 3 days from the registry if you asked for dasti order from the Hon'ble Court..After getting the order you may resume your job.

Advocate Anees Ahamad

Chawri Bazar, Delhi

• ansAlthough it is not clear from the facts stated by you, however, you can apply for rejoining in your concerned department and then you will get your job back as the criminal case against you has been quashed. You will be required to provide a court order to your concerned department and if your department still denies to rejoin you then you can move to court for appointment.

Advocate Siddhant Sharma

Greater Kailash-1, Delhi

• ansIt depends entirely on the nature of the job you are going to join and the nature of the crime alleged , some government offices while discussing the matter internally provides the NOC but some office do not do this. When the FIR is quashed there should not arise the issue of the previous involvement.

Advocate Suneel Kumar