quesI asked an agent to clear my 12 exam. He provided me fake marksheets.

When i was in 12th. The agent promised to clear my CBSE exam, but later on i failed the exam. Then he said he can get it cleared from MP board for which he provided me the documents from MP board. Then i got admission in college. Then i verified my documents it came out to fake. Can i file a case against the agent

• ansThe issue of fake mark sheets is getting people in jail for offences of cheating and forgery. from what you have told, this issue can also get you in trouble as you misrepresented to the University by bringing fake documents. From what you are describing, you paid to the agent to get your exam cleared. A contract to do something illegal is a void contract and raking up this matter might get you and the agent both into a trouble.

Advocate Shikha Pandey

Greater Kailash-1, Delhi

• ansOn the basis of facts,as stated by you, from very begining you are aware that promises made by agent is illegal as you know very well you can not purchase 12th certificate from market. so if you. open your case against agent you are also likely to be involved in the same. you can not initiate criminal cases without implicating yourself.
    off-course you can laid trap, and implicate him in criminal cases and save others unsuspecting people from being cheated .

Advocate Ashok Kumar Jha

Mayur Vihar 1, Delhi

• ansHi,

Going by what you have stated, am of the view that you can very well file a case of cheating and forgery against the agent. Though it is not detailed by you about the place of agent but still you can file a case against him in Delhi.

Advocate Ankur Aggarwal

Uday Park, Delhi