quesHusband physically abuses me and tried to kill me. What should i do?

My husband and his family used to physically abuse me in past. I have also been tried to killed by my husband so many times. I left him 3 years ago but he has been blackmailing me for a Divorce.


Now I think of filing 498 A for all the cruelties and he & his family did to me. What should I do?


  • ans


    As per the Hindu Law, law gives you the discretion to file a case for divorce in whichever place you are residing and your spouse would be called through the process of court to reply to your case. You can also file a case for an attempt of murder under section 307 IPC in addition to 498A.


    The other remedy available to you in law is to file a case under the domestic violence act in which you can also seek maintenance and residence and in addition make your husband viable for domestic violence.


  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Criminal lawyers in India

Similar questions

a fir was lodged against me for 498a,406 case.i applied for AB in session court.but…
Sir mere pe 302 307 act lg rhi h or mai 14-7-16 ko court ne…

Is it possible for my relative to file a rape case against her boyfriend after…

The police had registered a false case against me under crpc 107-151 on the basis…

Criminal Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Sukhwinder Singh Rai

  District Court, Ludhiana
 Experience: 17 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly