Husband physically abuses me and tried to kill me. What should i do?
My husband and his family used to physically abuse me in past. I have also been tried to killed by my husband so many times. I left him 3 years ago but he has been blackmailing me for a Divorce.
Now I think of filing 498 A for all the cruelties and he & his family did to me. What should I do?
As per the Hindu Law, law gives you the discretion to file a case for divorce in whichever place you are residing and your spouse would be called through the process of court to reply to your case. You can also file a case for an attempt of murder under section 307 IPC in addition to 498A.
The other remedy available to you in law is to file a case under the domestic violence act in which you can also seek maintenance and residence and in addition make your husband viable for domestic violence.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Insurance company denied to give accidental claim amount
- Dadi removed from dadaji home after his death by chacha
- Accused for fraud by friend through website made by me what can I do
- what should i do to get divorce or legal actions against hubby.
- How to claim for share in the joint property