How to withdraw a FIR after compromise reached at by parties?
An FIR has been registered against me under Section 354 , 509 & 506 by my neighbor 2 days ago, however, we have reached the stage of compromise now. What is the procedure to withdraw the FIR in this case and how do I avoid arrest by the Police under these applicable sections?
As you have already reached comprosmise with the complainant, we suggest that you must enter into a written agreement with him and get the same notarised at the soonest.
The process of quashing the FIR under the relevant sections mentioned by you can be done only by the Hon'ble High Court and we would need to move a joint petition along with the MOU signed between you and the complainant.
We would like to see the contents of the FIR in order to guide you more appropriately and to suggest actions to evade any possible arrest by the Police.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
- IPC Section 354 - Assault or criminal force to woman with intent to outrage her modesty
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Pension amount is low then what it should be
- Can father claim share if grandfather transferred all property to me ?
- Things not been done according to registered will
- How can i get compensation for lands taken over by forest department
- Can daughter claim share in property if it is already divided