quesHow to save myself from false rape case? She is mentally unstable.

My daughter has filed a false rape complaint against me as she is stressed and mentally unstable. She was a follower of a Baba and used to visit his ashrams frequently and we had to forcefully get her back from the ashram a few years back wherein we even got her treated for her mental condition.


Lately she has gone back to the ashram and has given a long written complaint to a relative stating that I used to rape her. I am afraid if that complaint reaches the Police I might be falsely implicated.


What should I do to protect myself?


  • ans


    Collect all the material to prove that she is being medically treated for her mental condition. This shall include medical prescriptions, record of doctor’s appointments, ashram visits etc. 


    You cannot stop her from lodging the complaint, but you can collect the evidence to ensure that you can prove yourself innocent.


    You can intimate the Police in writing that you suspect that she will file such a false complaint against you.


    Lastly, in the event she files a formal complaint to the Police, the only option you have is to apply for Bail and defend the matter in the competent court of law.


    Kindly contact us for any further details and action.


  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Criminal lawyers in India

Similar questions

A GPA was issued by a person to his son. Subsequently Person suffered dementia( loss…

can an officer of CAPF or Defence forces be dealt under PCA section 13 C…
We are a member of a cooperative housing society with close to 700 members. The…
The opponent person put cases IPC 54,290,427,448 on my family members (5)including me & my…

Criminal Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Rajesh K.S

  Rajaji Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly