quesHow to save myself from false rape case? She is mentally unstable.

My daughter has filed a false rape complaint against me as she is stressed and mentally unstable. She was a follower of a Baba and used to visit his ashrams frequently and we had to forcefully get her back from the ashram a few years back wherein we even got her treated for her mental condition.

Lately she has gone back to the ashram and has given a long written complaint to a relative stating that I used to rape her. I am afraid if that complaint reaches the Police I might be falsely implicated.

What should I do to protect myself?

Collect all the material to prove that she is being medically treated for her mental condition. This shall include medical prescriptions, record of doctor’s appointments, ashram visits etc. 

You cannot stop her from lodging the complaint, but you can collect the evidence to ensure that you can prove yourself innocent.

You can intimate the Police in writing that you suspect that she will file such a false complaint against you.

Lastly, in the event she files a formal complaint to the Police, the only option you have is to apply for Bail and defend the matter in the competent court of law.