How to nullify complaint if compromise happened between parties?
How many days is an Non Cognizable Report (NCR) nullified in, if compromise is not done between the parties? Then how many days does it take to get cancelled? An NCR has been filed against my brother who is a teacher for disciplinary action by the parents of one of his students.
What should we do if the NCR is pending since 8 months now?
In cases of NCR, Section 155 of the Code of Criminal procedure comes into play which states that no police officer shall investigate a non-cognizable case without the order of a Magistrate having the power to try such cases or to commit the case for a trial.
Therefore, till the time investigation does not commence, you should just let it be. You can try speaking to a Police Station to get an update on the NCR.
Kindly contact us for any further details and action.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- What is the procedure to transfer fathers property after his death
- If wife has lost maintenance case can she file it again
- Wife threatening to file section 498 A
- Are there any laws which protect man from harassment by women
- While planning to file 498A case. Can i leave India?