How to do out of court settlement? And quash FIR after that?
FIR was filed against my friend under section 406 of the Indian Penal Code, but the complainant recovered the property without informing the court and the Investigation officer as the investigation was pending.
Will it be treated as out court settlement?
Can my friend ask the court to cancel the FIR as the complainant has recovered the property?
Your friend should make a MOU(memorandum of understanding) with the complainant and it should be signed by both the parties.
After signing it should be presented in the court.
Alongside this, a petition for quashing of FIR should be filed in the Hon’ble High Court where in the presence of the complainant and accused is necessary.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
- IPC Section 406 - Punishment for criminal breach of trust
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can judges in consumer forum listen to cd with phone recording
- Can I build house on forest land? Can forest department file any case?
- Registration of marriage with foreign national
- No action on theft complaint
- Wife sharing home with another man can I file for divorce