quesHow to add charges in an already registered FIR with the police

An FIR has been registered by me against one person and he has been booked under Section 354, 354 D, 506 & 509 by the police but was arrested and bailed within 3 hours. 

1. How can they do so? 

2. I have now complained in CAW and came to know section 420 should have been levied at the same time and section 164 should have happened? How can it now be added? 

3. Punishment under these applicable sections? 


  • ans


    You have very rightly lodged the FIR against that person for abusing you and hitting you. There must be zero tolerance for the crimes against woman and your action was absolutely right.


    The FIR which you have lodged is for outraging the modesty of a woman. Please understand arresting or not is a prerogative of the police as power to arrest and need to arrest are two different things and police has been given the powers to decide about the same.


    We are unable to comprehend how were you cheated as our knowledge of the facts is limited to your query and nothing in relation to cheating is made out. 


    Yes, usually these days in cases involving outraging the modesty of woman statement under 164 CrPC is recorded before magistrate but non recording of statement won't be fatal to your case and it is also a statement just like 161 CrPC which is recorded by police.


  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Criminal lawyers in India

Similar questions

i was accused of da case.enforcement directorate also took up the case few properties in…
How can i know the 498a FIR against our entire family is fake or true?…
I got registry married (special marriage act) on 27/02/2015 after that my wife stay at…
I have attempted to suicide. Is this is a crime. I m student of BHU,…

Criminal Lawyers in India

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate S.K Prabhakar Shetty

  Vidhana Soudha
 Experience: 8 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly