queshow should i protect myself against 498A

I have a feeling that my wife will file a 498A case against me. Please suggest how to defend myself against Section 498A. Can I take any precautions?

  • ansYou can give a complaint to the police for threatening you. You can also take anticipatory bail from the high court or the sessions court immediately once you come to know that 498A has been filed.

    Keep ready all evidence defending yourself and against her and keep a ready a witness to defend you.

    Once she files 498A, immediately file a petition in the high court to quash the same with evidence and proofs saying it is a false case.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Criminal lawyers in India

Similar questions

Hi, Could you please confirm whether quahing the complaint can be done only after the…
Few days back, my father was attacked by our neighbours.He called the nearest police station…
Can we take action against those who blackmail foreigners for money?

Dear Sir/Madam, I have filed a criminal case against a professional vehicle thief 8 years…

Criminal Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Sukhwinder Singh Rai

  District Court, Ludhiana
 Experience: 17 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly