how should i protect myself against 498A
I have a feeling that my wife will file a 498A case against me. Please suggest how to defend myself against Section 498A. Can I take any precautions?
You can give a complaint to the police for threatening you. You can also take anticipatory bail from the high court or the sessions court immediately once you come to know that 498A has been filed.
Keep ready all evidence defending yourself and against her and keep a ready a witness to defend you.
Once she files 498A, immediately file a petition in the high court to quash the same with evidence and proofs saying it is a false case.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Bought a plot which was already sold out what action can I take
- Distribution of grandfathers property in Christians
- Land acquisition by NHA am I liable to ask for compensation?
- Girl threatening to file complain since I am refusing to marry her
- Maintenance charges same for different categories of flats