How can I quash the FIR by compromise with the complainant?
I have come to terms with the person who had filed a criminal complaint against me and now they are willing to compromise with me. How can the FIR against me quashed through compromise with the complainant?
For quashing the FIR by compromise with complainant, a petition needs to be filed before the concerned High Court under Section 482 of Criminal procedural code
The High Court has inherent power to quash the criminal proceedings even in those cases which are non compoundable, where the parties have settled the matter between themselves. However, this power is to be exercised sparingly and with caution.
Such a power of quashing is not being exercised in those cases which involve heinous and serious offences like murder, rape, dacoity, etc. or offence involving fraud with public at large.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Notice received under section 138 what should i do now
- (1) changing a lawyer (2) should we have written agreement/contract ?
- Shops on rent from past 25 years how to sell shop or increase rent
- How can I take back cheque bounce case
- What to do if I am in love with my married cousin