quesHigh court denied bail. When can we apply for bail in Supreme Court?

High court has retained the lower court order and dismissed bail petition under Sec 302 and awarded life imprisonment. Dying declaration of the victim was the only basis on which the sentence was awarded and bail dismissed by both the courts. The accused has already spent 7 years in jail and is 42 years old now.


Can we apply for bail in the Supreme court?


  • ans


    If your life imprisonment is confirmed by the High Court then you can file a SLP in the Supreme Court impugning the Order of the High Court and along with the petition you can file a Bail application as well.


    Kindly contact us for any further details and action.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Criminal lawyers in India

Similar questions

My ex-wife had filed a case against me for maintenance under CrPc 125. Pertaining to…
Sir मुझे एक घटना मे सेक्शन 308 ,323 मे फसाया जा रहा है पुलिस और…
I am getting married in two months from now.. but a boy has taken naked…
Case of theft 1 yr 8 mths old FR 2 times till now prime suspect…

Criminal Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Rajesh K.S

  Rajaji Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly