High court denied bail. When can we apply for bail in Supreme Court?
High court has retained the lower court order and dismissed bail petition under Sec 302 and awarded life imprisonment. Dying declaration of the victim was the only basis on which the sentence was awarded and bail dismissed by both the courts. The accused has already spent 7 years in jail and is 42 years old now.
Can we apply for bail in the Supreme court?
If your life imprisonment is confirmed by the High Court then you can file a SLP in the Supreme Court impugning the Order of the High Court and along with the petition you can file a Bail application as well.
Kindly contact us for any further details and action.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Am a bank employee. M i liable to pay back for money taken by fraud?
- Employer shut down its operations without notice what can i do
- is it legal to run a factory in Residential Area?
- What is the procedure to make lease deed
- womens right on fathers property