Girlfriend promised to marry. After 7 yrs she is refusing it. Remedy?
My girlfriend of 7 years had promised me marriage and is now when the time has come, is refusing stating her father will not give his consent to our marriage. We were involved since she joined hostel 7 years ago and while I introduced her to my family she said she will do so once she completes her studies.
Now when the time comes she is refusing saying her father is conservative. How can I now approach her father legally as I feel cheated?
I have all proofs and evidences of our relationship.
See you cannot approach her father legally unless your girlfriend is with you. If your girlfriend is over 18 years of age then she has the right to decide whom to marry and if she decides to marry you then her father cannot stop her legally.
There is no way to take your girlfriend’s father’s consent legally.
There have been cases where the boy has refused to marry his girlfriend and the girl has registered a criminal complaint for the offence of rape and criminal breach of trust. However, with respect to a boy registering a complaint against the girl, the situation has not arisen before the Court of law.
You can file a case of cheating against your girlfriend for deceiving you and thereby cheating you.
Kindly contact us for any further details and action.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- What does "judgement type - final non AFR" means?
- Can brother throw out sister from mother's property under muslim law?
- Can cheque bounce case be transferred from Punjab HC to Delhi HC
- Audio recordings as evidence of wife cheating is it enough to prove it
- Brother has taken loan from private money lender