quesFriend as unable to recover the sum, attempted for suicide

My friend (x) helped his another friend (y) with a sum of Rs.1.5 lakhs by borrowing the same amount from his relative. he took a blank cheque and Rs.100/- stamp paper, which is signed and it is empty (blank) on 03-08-2015. But now it is more than a year, and he didn't even paid interest atleast. The person (y) who borrowed shifted his residence and he is not at all answering my frnds (x) call. My frnd understood that he was trapped and cheated by his frnd, got disturbed mentally and commited suicide, now in hospital. How can I fight for him, can I claim compensation for his family.

• ansDear,

There is a criminal remedy for your friend who has suffered in the hands of Y. please get in touch with me if you are in hyderabad I will guide you how to get back the amount which is due to your friend X from Y.

Advocate Vikram Chandra

Malakpet, Hyderabad

• ansHi
    Your friend X should file the following 2 cases against Y.
    1) Cheating and Criminal breach of trust against Y.
    2) 138 NI act, after presenting the cheque in the bank and once the cheque has bounced , file the 138 NI
    Both the above cases will be settled within 1 year from the date of filing.

For cheating and criminal breach of trust, Y will be sent to jail.
    For cheque bounce, your friend X can get 2 times the money he lent (1.5 Lakhs loan repayment and 1.5 Lakhs as compensation).
    Hope this information is of help to you.

Advocate Rajagopalan

• ansdid you try to deposit the blank cheque in the bank. if not kindly deposit the cheque in the bank and get it bounced and file a criminal complaint against the person. you can also file a civil suit for recovery of money against the person. this can help you get the money back, you can also lodge an FIR against the person with the police

Advocate Siddhant Sharma

Greater Kailash-1, Delhi