Friend as unable to recover the sum, attempted for suicide
My friend (x) helped his another friend (y) with a sum of Rs.1.5 lakhs by borrowing the same amount from his relative. he took a blank cheque and Rs.100/- stamp paper, which is signed and it is empty (blank) on 03-08-2015. But now it is more than a year, and he didn't even paid interest atleast. The person (y) who borrowed shifted his residence and he is not at all answering my frnds (x) call. My frnd understood that he was trapped and cheated by his frnd, got disturbed mentally and commited suicide, now in hospital. How can I fight for him, can I claim compensation for his family.
There is a criminal remedy for your friend who has suffered in the hands of Y. please get in touch with me if you are in hyderabad I will guide you how to get back the amount which is due to your friend X from Y.
Advocate Vikram ChandraMalakpet, Hyderabad
Your friend X should file the following 2 cases against Y.
1) Cheating and Criminal breach of trust against Y.
2) 138 NI act, after presenting the cheque in the bank and once the cheque has bounced , file the 138 NI
Both the above cases will be settled within 1 year from the date of filing.
For cheating and criminal breach of trust, Y will be sent to jail.
For cheque bounce, your friend X can get 2 times the money he lent (1.5 Lakhs loan repayment and 1.5 Lakhs as compensation).
Hope this information is of help to you.
Advocate RajagopalanBanjara Hills, Hyderabad
did you try to deposit the blank cheque in the bank. if not kindly deposit the cheque in the bank and get it bounced and file a criminal complaint against the person. you can also file a civil suit for recovery of money against the person. this can help you get the money back, you can also lodge an FIR against the person with the police
Advocate Siddhant SharmaGreater Kailash-1, Delhi
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Cheque bounced and party is not willing to pay on time, what to do?
- How to file a suit for harassment against a family
- Is it necessary to obtain probate in Delhi
- If we are declared bankrupt can we avoid our loans
- Partner converted the firm into a company by fraud what can I do