Fraud took money from my account. Bank refusing to investigate.Remedy?
My bank has processed a self payee cheque worth Rs. 2 Lakhs without asking for a photo ID of the person who has encashed the cheque. I had not even signed at the back of the cheque.
Now the bank officials are refusing to investigate the case. What legal remedy do I have?
Expert Legal Advice:
The Bank is amenable to Consumer Disputes forum. A petition can be filed before the consumer forum for deficiency of services. But the onus lies on you to explain that how a cheque under your custody with your signature on the face of the cheque has gone to someone else while alleging the bank's negligence and infraction of standard procedure by its staff.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can old cases towards zamindari compensation be recovered
- Legal liability of elder sister as a karta
- Cheque bounced by stop payment. what to do now?
- Purchasing flat whose registry is not done so far.
- Can I get job in Indian railways when criminal case is pending