quesFIR not registered for recovery of streedhan.

I was married six months ago,and only after one month me and my husband met with an accident,and my husband died.i was beaten ,abused and thrown out of my matrimonial house. since than we have been trying to register a case against them but police is not ready to register a case against them.they are not even registering a case for the recovery of my streedhan and articles lying there.instead police says that we should forget the things and look ahead.

  • ansIf a person has a grievance that his or her FIR has not been registered by Police, his or her first remedy is to approach the SSP u/s 154(3) Crpc or other police officer referred to in section 36 Crpc. If despite approaching the SSP or the officer, her grievances still persist, then he can approach a Magistrate u/s 156(3) Crpc. More over he has a further remedy of filing a criminal complaint u/s 200 Crpc and still remedy a Writ petition or a petition u/s 482 Crpc before High Court. You can file a case before Magistrate for return if Stri Dhan even a Civil Suit for a share in husbands property.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Criminal lawyers in India

Similar questions

Can Police take only the hearings from wife and file a chargesheet and submit it…
Sir i want to ask that i love a boy he has 2 case so…
What is the difference between section 299 and 300 of IPC

Criminal Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Rajesh K.S

  Rajaji Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly