quesfiling of case after lapse of 2 years-suicide

My sister committed suicide 2 year earlier due to the cruelty of her husband and his family but at that time due to his threat i gave wrong statement that it was an accident. Could I register a case against him and his family now and what prove i require and her all landloard are ready to give their statement that he was beating my sister. i am from UP and live in noida in rented house my sister was also in delhi

• ansYou may file the case even after elapse of 2 years. If there are any witnesses who can testify that she was subjected to mental and physical abuse then her husband would be on a difficult position in court. File it without any further delay.

And you should consult a lawyer personally before filing it.