Filing of a DV case in court.
How can I directly file a dv case in court & how much time it takes to proceed? And if i want to file Fir through court then what are the procedures of it and from where i can file direct fir?
You can by lodging an FIR under 498a IPC or Sec.12 of Domestic Violence Act in a Police station where you were last residing with husband or you can file a case in the Judicial Magistrate Court u/sec.156(3) charged with sec 498a IPC or sec.12 of the Domestic violence Act.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- RTO Officer refusing to issue me commercial badge for my DL
- Dowry harassment cruelty by husband and in laws police not cooperating
- Can shares be transferred from father in law to daughter in law
- Failed to pay the rent and evict the premises.
- Rights of son if Ex-parte divorce given now husband passed away