Faulty DNA samples.
Can the company I work for take a hair sample to do a drug test without the order of a court or a police warrant? Does the offer letter contract supersede the Indian Law? Also if not, I would like to know the section of IPC that prohibits drug test without voluntary consent and without a court order or a police warrant.
Even the police, let alone a company, cannot take hair sample of a person against his wish. Indian law is paramount and overrides any contract in violation of the law. Refusal to give hair sample for any drug test by an employee of the company does not and can not subject him to any action by the company. There is no specific section of IPC in this regard. In many cases the High Courts have ruled that no person can be subjected to a drug test against his consent.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can illegitimate children inherit property?
- Procedure of 498A case and guidance regarding evidence in the case
- To what Extent I can claim against the false claim ?
- Criminal case filed and case dismissed. Can complainant again file it?
- How can I file for divorce if husband if jobless