Faulty DNA samples.
Can the company I work for take a hair sample to do a drug test without the order of a court or a police warrant? Does the offer letter contract supersede the Indian Law? Also if not, I would like to know the section of IPC that prohibits drug test without voluntary consent and without a court order or a police warrant.
Even the police, let alone a company, cannot take hair sample of a person against his wish. Indian law is paramount and overrides any contract in violation of the law. Refusal to give hair sample for any drug test by an employee of the company does not and can not subject him to any action by the company. There is no specific section of IPC in this regard. In many cases the High Courts have ruled that no person can be subjected to a drug test against his consent.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- wife is not ready to give divorce nor interested to stay with husband
- Who will provide authenticity to my email evidences?
- Qualified ground and written test but rejected because of age limit
- Revocation of Settlement Deed
- Call centre agent of bookmyshow abused me over the phone what to do