false rape case registered. Anticipatory bail rejected. What to do?
A false attempt to rape has been filed in Jharkhand. Accused a resident of Delhi. Never been to Jharkhand. Have property dispute with someone in delhi (got favourable decision in high court. now before Division bench). He openly threatened to implicate me in false case. Still claiming that he has a few more such cases lined up even if I am saved in this case. Anticipatory bail rejected by district & high court. am afraid if supreme court also rejects then my family will be ruined. Can an appeal be filed before Division Bench of High court ? want to go for quashing as case is totally false.
If FIR is not registered, then anticipatory bail can be rejected.
But still we will have to examine the Anticipatory bail order passed by district & high court and then we can suggest you the grounds on which you can file bail application and also whether you should approach Supreme Court or not.
after dismissal of your anticipatory bail in high court you can move to supreme court and not division bench. once you have obtained bail, and your position is secure, you can go for quashing before the jharkhand high court.
Advocate Shikha PandeyGreater Kailash-1, Delhi
In criminal cases appeal before the division bench against the order of single Judge is not maintainable. Further you can provide the material in your defence to police for investigation and before move to Supreme Court once again go to high court with bail and quashing with all the material you have.
Advocate Ankur AggarwalUday Park, Delhi
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Is builder to refund covered Car parking charges as court orders
- Hit case with learner's license what compensation can they ask
- Received Legal Notice from Telecom Service Provider.
- Father Willed property to me and my brother consent of children needed
- cheating wife asking for divorce-husband refusing