drunk and driving-caught by police
Hi, I was stopped at a nakabundi on 24th Feb' 2013 . I had consumed one can of beer 1 hours ago, and on doing the breath analyzer test, my reading was 114 - which apparently is over the legal limit. I accepted that I had one beer, and was then taken to the chowki, where I paid what they called a 'fine' of Rs. 2100. My license and RC book have been kept by the police but they let a friend of mine drive the car home. I've been asked to come to the police chowki , from whence, they said they will take me to court. What is the best thing for me to do here on? Should I plead guilty? Should I plead non-guilty? What happens if I'm convicted? Please help.
Usually it is a state law.
If you plead not guilty, then you would have had to fight the entire case till end of trial. However, note that evidence is against you; therefore paying fine is a better option.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Cheque bounced due to insufficient funds is promissory note necessary
- How to claim against reimbursement of medical expenses from hospital
- Took loan but unable to repay it now cases filed and business loss
- Snapdeal did not deliver the product, what can be done
- I want separation to save my life but my wife does not.