×

quesdrunk and driving-caught by police

Hi, I was stopped at a nakabundi on 24th Feb' 2013 . I had consumed one can of beer 1 hours ago, and on doing the breath analyzer test, my reading was 114 - which apparently is over the legal limit. I accepted that I had one beer, and was then taken to the chowki, where I paid what they called a 'fine' of Rs. 2100. My license and RC book have been kept by the police but they let a friend of mine drive the car home. I've been asked to come to the police chowki , from whence, they said they will take me to court. What is the best thing for me to do here on? Should I plead guilty? Should I plead non-guilty? What happens if I'm convicted? Please help.

• ansUsually it is a state law.
    If you plead not guilty, then you would have had to fight the entire case till end of trial. However, note that evidence is against you; therefore paying fine is a better option.