drugged,raped,blackmailed ,threat to kill,promise to marry
A married man siphoned money , drugged my sister,molested and raped her,blackmailed her of making photo's public and threaten to kill her,when the family intervened he promised to marry her but after using this to his advantage refused to marry after five years.What legal steps can be taken now to punish the culprit?
You should file an FIR against the said person U/s 376, 354, 420, 506, 509, 406 of IPC and some section of Information technology Act. Also if the possession of the drug was illegal then Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act would also apply along-with relevant supporting IPC section. It is to be made understood that whether the offence was committed on continuing basis or one time. Certain sections might not be applicable due to the fact that incident occurred 5 years ago if the punishment is less than 3 years. However, rape and assault will definitely be applicable. If the pregnancy was also terminated due to intimidation then other sections would also apply.
Advocate Kanishk AgarwalEast Patel Nagar, Delhi
Your query is very serious. Please go to the nearest Police station and lodge and FIR against him. Initiate criminal proceedings against him. Do not waste even a single day now. Various sections of Indian Penal Code are attracted in this case. As advised earlier please lodge an FIR against him at the earliest. He is intimidating your sister as well. Delay in lodging FIR may go against you in court.
Advocate Nishant RaiGreater Kailash-1, Delhi
As per law, sexual intercourse on promise to marry amounts to rape. The immediate action that can be taken is approaching the police with a detailed police complaint. Although the offence of rape from what it seems like was committed five years back, however, since his blackmailing and promise continued you can approach the police on this very ground. Apart from legality, to accept marriage proposal from a man who drugged, molested and raped your sister wouldn't serve him right. You should approach the police as earliest. You could meet a lawyer to help you with the complaint process.
Advocate Shikha PandeyGreater Kailash-1, Delhi
Please go to your nearest police station And get FIR registered against the accused . dictate them your story n they will record ur statement . u can also ask for a female police officer at police station . ur statement will be recorded by the police n then they will take you to the nearest magistrate n get ur statement recorded before magistrate .
Advocate Anshul GuptaAjmeri Gate, Delhi
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- purchase house in bank auction , unable to registry
- Will bank allow us to withdraw the FD on the basis of name certificate
- Borrowed money and now unable to return what to do
- Bond signed at joining what amount can company recover if i leave
- Got judgement for one case how can I oppose the same