quesDowry and mental & physical torture

My husband harasses me (physical and mentally) and demands for dowry, my father already have fulfilled their demand of rs 15 lakhs, but still my husband tortures me, but sir I have no any proof of the given dowry and my husband also says "what ll u do to me without evidence". and he also recorded our conversation on phone in which i was too aggressive and he maintains silence and politeness while recording.

• ansYou can file a case under Domestic Violence Act where you will get all reliefs including compensation for torturing and harassing, maintenance amount every month, right to residence and over all prohibition order against your husband for torturing etc. even he could be punished for the same. Please consult a local lawyer for details and or legal help, if you so desire.