I am on H1B. Me and my wife visited India for a small period. We had some arguments and now wife has filed a DV NC case against me in India. I was able to return back to USA now. Now my wife's family is threatening me and asking me to come to India. My wife has returned to her parents home and is staying there for last 4 months. We did have a small fight and my wife has a medical report done. Can they harm me while I am in USA on H1B. How long can the NC case be pending? Someone suggested 90 days?. Since I have not given my statement in all likelihood police will file an FIR
you have said your wife has medical report done . did you physically assault your wife? if she has filed Dv case against you then you have to contest case on merits . you better have your statement recorded deny all the allegations made by your wife . come down to india for short period . try to reconcile with your wife as you have said it was a small fight
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Collector approved property good to buy or not
- What documents and procedure and time to marry a foreign citizen?
- What all amounts to sexual harassment
- Is it mandatory to cancel exams if there is declaration on paper leak
- How to get full and final settlement from my ex company