Death of mother in road accident
My mother died on the spot in a road accident. My sis was with her at that moment. They were coming out of a banquet from a b'day party. The driver of the car was held on the spot by my sis and my cousin ( who was talking over phone outside the banquet at that moment). My cousin became the first eye witness . Since sis was not in a position to talk at that moment so she gave her witness very next day and thus registered as second eye witness.
Opposite party i.e. the driver had clearly denied the fact that he has done anything wrong instead he said I stopped my car just to help them out. Now my question is , What if my cousin doesn't appear on the date of hearing for his witness? To what extent it can affect the case? Will there be any compensation by court under such situation? My sis evidence has already been done on the last date of hearing & Postmortem report also states that It was death due severe injuries caused in an accident.
Was the driver arrested by Police? Was the vehicle impounded and mechanical inspection done? Was a site map prepared at the accident spot? These things beside other are necessary for prosecution of the driver and for a claim under Motor Vehicle Act. There are two separate cases in case of accident. One is criminal liability and one is civil liability under Motor Vehicle Act. Your cousin shall have to appear before the criminal court and give evidence. He may not support your case and turn hostile is another thing.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Demoted after boss changed. Is it legal? What action can i take?
- How to ask for CBI investigation checking in a murder case
- Married to a hindu boy now he converted to islam to marry another girl
- What can i do if wife has filed false dowry case against me
- CIC passed decision in absence of applicant