Criminal case filed against us how to travel abroad.
My dad's own brother has filed a criminal case on all his 5 brothers and their families regarding a property issue. According to my grandfathers will he don't own any property but he falsely claimed that we grabbed his property. We won the case in lower courts for almost 10 years and now he lodged it in high court. It will take another four to five years to close the file. By then is there any possibility of me n my dad travelling out of country(USA) for a month?
In case the High Court has not imposed a stay on your travel outside the country during case then you can jolly well travel to US notwithstanding the criminal case against you. If your appearance has been mandated at the next hearing then it is advisable to either take an adjournment or seek exemption from personal appearance.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Company not settling the final payment and asking more money. Advise
- Procedure for final closure of HUF after divorce
- Jurisdiction of consumer courts
- Mother and me being harassed by father for monetary reasons what to do
- Tenant not paid rent for 2 months and not vacating the house