Complainant doesn't appear in court for evidence. How to bring him?
If somebody files a FIR in a police station after that the accused is arrested. After the bail when the trial starts the complainant does not come in the court for evidence as he / she filed the case just for mental harassment of the accused.
Is there any legal tool which can compel the complainant to come in the court?
In such a scenario when the complainant does not turn up in the court for evidence, the court will issue summons against the complainant to come to the court and depose. If the complainant doesn't come despite the court issuing summons a couple of times, then the court can drop the testimony of the complainant.
Also, in case the Complainant does not appear in court despite repeated summons, the matter can be dismissed by the Court in default due to the Complainant's non-appearance.
Recently, Punjab Vigilance Special Judge had declared the Complainant as Proclaimed Offender as he had not appeared before the Court despite repeated summons and ordered attachment of his property.
Furthermore, you can file a petition before the High Court for quashing of FIR on the ground that the same is false and the Complainant has never appeared before the Trial Court.
Thereafter you can can file a complaint in the court for the offence of defamation.
Lodging of a false FIR/complaint is punishable under IPC. Such an informant / complainant can be proceeded against under section 182 IPC or under section 211 Indian Penal Code by the police. You can file a complaint to the said Police Station where the FIR was registered to proceed against the Complainant under Section 182 or 211 of the Indian Penal Code.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Denied the permission to give interview due to biometric mismatch
- Father wants to remove son's name from the property
- brothers unaware about home documents and i have tax paid bills
- rights of deceased daughter born in 1950
- How can wife and daughter get the share in property of husband