quesCase under section 420 IPC. Pending for 8 years. How to finalize it?

Is there way out for a trial case that has been going on for about 8 years for Section 420? A girl had filed a case against me 8 years back on grounds of promising her for marriage. The lower court had sentenced me to prison for 2 years against which we had taken a bail. She also tried to push a case of physical harassment on me that could not be proved from her side.

I and my family at one time were ready for a marriage with this girl but due to her misbehaviour the marriage was called off. It’s has been 8 years now & I am not able to concentrate on my work.

What can I do to end this case?

• ansThe offence under Section 420 is compoundable at the instance of person who has been cheated. But the boy has already been convicted by the lower court and the appeal is pending so is it possible for settling the matter once a conviction order has been passed by the lower court.

You can file Appeal against conviction  and  can also try for quashing in High Court on the basis of Settlement  though chances are bleak for Quashing.