Case under section 420 IPC. Pending for 8 years. How to finalize it?
Is there way out for a trial case that has been going on for about 8 years for Section 420? A girl had filed a case against me 8 years back on grounds of promising her for marriage. The lower court had sentenced me to prison for 2 years against which we had taken a bail. She also tried to push a case of physical harassment on me that could not be proved from her side.
I and my family at one time were ready for a marriage with this girl but due to her misbehaviour the marriage was called off. It’s has been 8 years now & I am not able to concentrate on my work.
What can I do to end this case?
The offence under Section 420 is compoundable at the instance of person who has been cheated. But the boy has already been convicted by the lower court and the appeal is pending so is it possible for settling the matter once a conviction order has been passed by the lower court.
You can file Appeal against conviction and can also try for quashing in High Court on the basis of Settlement though chances are bleak for Quashing.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Company not providing documents relating to employment
- Pension of our grand mother does son have any right
- Machinery trapped in tenanted building sealed by bank
- Deficiency in service by travel agency what action can we take
- Possession of house for 50 years can I sell it