Case under section 420 IPC. Pending for 8 years. How to finalize it?
Is there way out for a trial case that has been going on for about 8 years for Section 420? A girl had filed a case against me 8 years back on grounds of promising her for marriage. The lower court had sentenced me to prison for 2 years against which we had taken a bail. She also tried to push a case of physical harassment on me that could not be proved from her side.
I and my family at one time were ready for a marriage with this girl but due to her misbehaviour the marriage was called off. It’s has been 8 years now & I am not able to concentrate on my work.
What can I do to end this case?
The offence under Section 420 is compoundable at the instance of person who has been cheated. But the boy has already been convicted by the lower court and the appeal is pending so is it possible for settling the matter once a conviction order has been passed by the lower court.
You can file Appeal against conviction and can also try for quashing in High Court on the basis of Settlement though chances are bleak for Quashing.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- can someone disallow entry of girls in flat
- Is it mandatory to register Partnership deed?
- Can husband claim maintenance of child from me
- Took property from married person can his children and wife ask for it
- In laws not allowing to meet my children after grant of divorce decree