quesCase for maintenance after divorce.

My ex-wife had filed a case against me for maintenance under CrPc 125. Pertaining to which the Family Court issued an ex-party judgement against me. It asked me to pay my ex-wife an amount of Rs. 3,000/- a month towards maintenance, which I have challenged in Patna High Court and awaiting a hearing.

In this case my ex-wife has falsely claimed me to be an engineer, whereas I am an Arts Graduate. Now, I would like to request you to please let me know whether I can file a case of Perjury against my ex-wife or not. Let me know what measures I can take in this case.

  • ansWhat is your income ? Why did you not contest the proceedings before family court? Were you served with summons ? Fight case on merits. If you have moved HC against impugned order draw attention of court to false averments made by your wife in case filed by your wife. You will have to explain why you did not appear before family court. Don't file for perjury now, concentrate on case in HC. If your wife is working and well qualified draw attention of court to the said fact.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Criminal lawyers in India

Similar questions

i take a photo with my girl friend in a resturant.If i sent her that…

Are missed/unanswered calls reflected in the CDR documents produced in courts of law?
My name is Abhishek Kumar.I along with my friend formed a Pvt.ltd company. Then we…
I was caught for drink and drive in gurgaon. I was leaving from my friend's…

Criminal Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Rajesh K.S

  Rajaji Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly