Case filed in doubt
A case was filed against me under doubt and the victim is now ready to take the complaint back. Can the case by compounded which is filed under section 354A?
Section 354A has rigorous imprisonment of up to five years, or with fine, or with both. There can be an imprisonment of upto a year, or with fine, or with both in other cases of physical contact and advances involving unwelcome and explicit sexual overtures; or a demand or request for sexual favours; or making sexually colored remarks; or forcibly showing pornography; or any other unwelcome physical, verbal or non-verbal conduct of sexual nature.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
- IPC Section 354 - Assault or criminal force to woman with intent to outrage her modesty
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- What issue can I have in new job if i show fake salary slip of old job
- Gave answer sheet for revaluation and rechecking. Denied both.
- Illegal & unauthorised building construction
- Property records shows my father's name can I claim my share in it
- Emotional distress by maternal uncle can I take any legal action