quesCase filed in doubt

A case was filed against me under doubt and the victim is now ready to take the complaint back. Can the case by compounded which is filed under section 354A?

  • ansSection 354A has rigorous imprisonment of up to five years, or with fine, or with both. There can be an imprisonment of upto a year, or with fine, or with both in other cases of physical contact and advances involving unwelcome and explicit sexual overtures; or a demand or request for sexual favours; or making sexually colored remarks; or forcibly showing pornography; or any other unwelcome physical, verbal or non-verbal conduct of sexual nature.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • IPC Section 354 - Assault or criminal force to woman with intent to outrage her modesty
Consult best Criminal lawyers in India

Similar questions

Dar All, My grand father make suicide in 2000 leaving suicide note of 7 pages,…
Could you help in assisting in punishing a man who is behind our daughter in…
HI Team, 1)How should I find that complaint filed against me is a NC or…

Hello Madam / Sir , I am a telecom professional , I was offered a…

Criminal Lawyers in India

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate S.K Prabhakar Shetty

  Vidhana Soudha
 Experience: 8 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly