Case filed in doubt
A case was filed against me under doubt and the victim is now ready to take the complaint back. Can the case by compounded which is filed under section 354A?
Section 354A has rigorous imprisonment of up to five years, or with fine, or with both. There can be an imprisonment of upto a year, or with fine, or with both in other cases of physical contact and advances involving unwelcome and explicit sexual overtures; or a demand or request for sexual favours; or making sexually colored remarks; or forcibly showing pornography; or any other unwelcome physical, verbal or non-verbal conduct of sexual nature.
Related IPC Sections
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Sent mail to govt dept about inefficient service received threat call
- Wife not giving divorce since 2 years from case started, what's next?
- Father being harassed by customers of Rose Valley Scam
- Housing loan paid but still bank says loan due and will take my home
- Vacating the premises