quesCan police register FIR itself? What procedure for it?

Can police itself lodge a FIR itself? If yes then, what is the procedure?

  • ansIn case of offences that affect the society at large as compared to an individual the police can lodge a FIR suo motu. Some of such offences are Murder, Rape etc.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Criminal lawyers in India

Similar questions

I filed complaint against some one who physically abused me later we settled now he…
my father in law has muder in three months ago,fir reported in banma ithari thana,…
I want s my live in child custody who have 5/1/2 year but which born…
A case under section 498 A has been filed against me, my father in law,…

Criminal Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Rajesh K.S

  Rajaji Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly