can police has the liberty to misuse it's power ?
Does the police have rights to beat any common man regdless of any kind of enquires/investigation ? Can you use foul language if the police uses or beat them if you get beaten up ? Some police officers threaten to book you in false cases ? is it possilbe ?
No, as per law police can not beat any body to extract information. Beating any body is itself a crime punishable under law but it will be difficult for you to submit evidence for such beating. Rarely police personnel have been convicted for their such illegal act.
And no, you can not take law in your hands. Moreover, there are punishments prescribed in IPC which will be awarded by the Court after hearing both the parties. You can not avenge a crime with the same crime. It is illegal but is very much possible and in regular practice in our country.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can elder brother claim my fathers property alone?
- How can I know whether the land is freehold or not?
- Wife stole my cheque book & the divorce is going on.
- FIR lodged against me on sending life threatening msg
- Problems that can arise in income tax in buying car in cash