can one be forced to give statement in police
I am single divorcee mom of 11 year old daughter. Please suggest what action a police can take If I don't go to police station for giving statement. Can I refuse to give statement regarding my own abortion to police. Because a female has put FIR against his husband that he got my abortion done and police has asked for my statement in it. The police officially sent notice to my home and got it signed from 11 year old daughter in my absence. What all can I do to safeguard myself.
The Police can issue a legal notice under provisions of criminal procedure code and you have then to appear before the IO But any statement if made by you before the Police incriminating yourself shall not be admissible in law. You can not be compelled or forced to make any statement against your husband.
If you wish to withdraw your complaint you can do that,no one can force you to make any statement.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Husband convinced me to go to mediation but it failed what impact
- Working hours allowed as per laws under defence services
- can i stop payment of the flat i booked?
- 498A filed by wife's father, now they want compromise. Should I?
- Seller not replacing the defective product what can I do