Can i join civil services if a criminal case is pending
If one has criminal charges pending in court then can he join civil services. What will happen if he cleared his exam?
An accused cannot be held guilty before the trial ends and he is proved guilty. In your case, though you would be required to disclose the facts of the case in an event of getting selected.
Unless the charges are quashed or stayed by a higher court it would be very difficult to make it through to the civil services. Your candidature can be rejected altogether by the govt due to the criminal charges leveled against you.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can company file a case to recover money for the bond i signed?
- What action can I take against the owner for not providing documents
- What documents to be prepared when joining job on partnership basis?
- What are the documents required for starting a online advertising co.
- Regularisation of temp staff in LIC as per SC recent order?