quescan i file case against someone who filed false case against me

I gave someone some money some time back and took cheque from him and when the cheque bounced I filed cheque bounce. the other party lodged 420 and other cheating charges against me. lower court gave me 2 years punishment. district court allowed my appeal. Now I am acquitted. Can I now file cases against the person for mental harassment and torture that I went through?

• ansYes you can claim damages for harassment or file defamation .,., remaining details will be subject to the facts of both cases I.e. What was the outcome/order of the cheque bounce case and on which grounds and evidence the other party succeed to prove 420 against you.,.,

Advocate Rahul Verma

Lawrence Road , Amritsar

• ansYes the law provides for the suit for damages and compensation for the harassment etc you have passed through. But kindly ensure that you file the damages suit against the other party only after the lapse of the time span of filing appeal by them before the high court. In case the time span of filing appeal before high court has lapsed, you are at liberty to file suit seeking compensation and damages etc against the other party . Please also consider the fate of the cheque bounce complaint filed by you against the other party.

Advocate Sukhwinder Singh Rai

District Court, Ludhiana, Ludhiana