can i file case against someone who filed false case against me
I gave someone some money some time back and took cheque from him and when the cheque bounced I filed cheque bounce. the other party lodged 420 and other cheating charges against me. lower court gave me 2 years punishment. district court allowed my appeal. Now I am acquitted. Can I now file cases against the person for mental harassment and torture that I went through?
Yes you can claim damages for harassment or file defamation .,., remaining details will be subject to the facts of both cases I.e. What was the outcome/order of the cheque bounce case and on which grounds and evidence the other party succeed to prove 420 against you.,.,
Advocate Rahul VermaLawrence Road , Amritsar
Yes the law provides for the suit for damages and compensation for the harassment etc you have passed through. But kindly ensure that you file the damages suit against the other party only after the lapse of the time span of filing appeal by them before the high court. In case the time span of filing appeal before high court has lapsed, you are at liberty to file suit seeking compensation and damages etc against the other party . Please also consider the fate of the cheque bounce complaint filed by you against the other party.
Advocate Sukhwinder Singh RaiDistrict Court, Ludhiana, Ludhiana
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Is multiple rectification of deed allowed
- How to defend a false rape case
- how to apply for discharge of case related to section 376
- what is the procedure for distribution of property if there is no will
- Is it legal to send emails/sms offering escort services