Can I file a counter FIR? A FIR is already registered against me.
An FIR has been registered against me as an accused whereas I have a different version. Can I register a complaint with my different version against the complaint as a counter FIR?
This is regarding forged documents for which I have genuine original copies.
Yes, you can register the FIR in your nearest Police Station and both the matters shall be investigated separately.
However, in the light of the Supreme Court Judgement, both the cases shall be adjudicated by the same judge as the matter is in the form of counter-cases arising out of the same cause of action.
Click here to find the best Criminal lawyer in your city.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- My husband is having affair with a lady who is working in same office
- What consequences if abstain for signing second motion mutual divorce?
- Can I file a case against my brothers who kept me in house arrest ?
- difference between Section 144(2) and Section 145 of Cr.pc?
- One partner has spend money without our knowledge what action possible