Can FIR be quashed if other party wiling to compromise?
I have been accused by Mumbai Municipal Corporation (Octroi Department) for paying less Octroi and an FIR has been lodged. I have only signed the concerned Doc. i.e. the 'R' Form on behalf of the Company, and the values were declared by the Agent at the Check Post without consulting me and duly accepted by the Octroi Inspector. Charge sheet has been given but not yet framed. If the company pays the short paid Octroi and Municipality agrees to issue a letter for compounding and mentions about "not interested in further prosecution" or anything similar can the High Court quash the FIR? Section 420,465,467,468,471 and 34 are included in the FIR.
Yes in most of the cases your have to file case with concerned high court. If hc says no then you may tell opposite party to deny the charges/ allegations made upon you (hostile witness). Else with permission of court matter can be compromised in Lok Adalat.
Advocate Sourabh Chandramohan GuptaGaneshpeth, Nagpur
Sir the answer to your question is "Yes". You can move petition u/s 482 of crpc and high court has power to quash the FIR. So you have a good case you may file petition as mentioned the provisions above.
Advocate Sagar KothariDistrict Court Shivajinagar, Pune
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
- IPC Section 420 - Cheating and dishonestly inducing delivery of property
Get Started >>
- Clarification on gratuity clause and validity
- No refund from builder for cancellation of flat
- Son sold dead husband's property. Can I ask for my share in that now?
- Landlord asking for another months rent because no new tenant found
- sister's husband abuses her and hits her and does not give her money